Sunday, February 1, 2015

How fogless shaving mirrors saved my marriage


My wife hates my beard. It's harsh and tough, and scratches her ever so delicate skin. Now, I hate shaving too. It's annoying, repetitive, and always leaves my skin worse than it was before.
I don't like to shave before my shower, when my beard is cold and at it's steely toughest. That usually leaves my skin bleeding and full of razor burn, especially on my neck. It's like shaving with sand paper.
I don't like shaving after my shower, when I'm already clean and tired of being wet. My skin is a little more soft, and my beard is also softer, but it still doesn't make me happy. Shaving foam will run down my neck and back or chest, making me have to rinse off, and dry off again. I'm really enjoy efficiency, and that is not it.
So I would skip shaving for a day or two. Then as soon as I was forced to kiss my wife she would make the comments. Such as, "You need to do something about that beard", or "Ouch", or "You look like a homeless man".
So I started to shave during my shower, while the warm water was steaming my whiskers. Without a mirror it generally didn't turn out very well. I'd leave large patches unshaven, or accidentally take too much off one of my sideburns making them uneven. Then one day it dawned on me that mankind has invented the technology to keep a mirror from fogging up in the shower. Where has this technology been all my life, why isn't this stuff advertised on television? How come everyone I tell this to shrugs and looks at me like I've been living in a cave, without running water.
So I got a really basic model, not wanting to overdo it too soon into my journey of intra-shower shaving technology. It was a revelation. My wife is so pleased when I actually remember to use it, now that I have it. It's just so easy to spend my entire shower marveling at the beauty of modern technology, waiting for it to fog up, but it doesn't. It's a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment